Water Damage Care » mold tips

Project Equinox

CALL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE

(866) 220-9191

Licensed   ~   Bonded  ~  Insured

Tips On Mold

Because of the nature of mold and its possible health effects, one should use extreme caution. There are several things you should know before attempting Mold remediation. These helpful tips will help you to make an informed decisio n.

•  Cover the moldy area with plastic to prevent mold spores from mitigating into other areas of your home or business. Do Keep children, the elderly, people with allergies and other respiratory conditions out of the contaminated areas.

•  If you must touch or handle the moldy surface always use proper protection, i.e. rubber gloves, mask and Tyvek protective suits.

•  Call a licensed industrial hygienist for proper advice and/or testing for levels of contamination. Your hygienist can provide you with a certificate of clearance upon completion of the mold remediation project. This in turn will be beneficial in the long run in the event that you decide to sell your home or property. After receiving a hygienist report, call a certified mold remediator to handle the project. Mold remediation can be a very difficult and tedious task and should only be performed by a professional.

•  If you have water damage , address the problem immediately. DO NOT WAIT! Call a professional restoration company to remove the water and begin the drying process. If left unattended and the conditions are right, mold can begin to grow within 48 to 72 hours. Do not try to clean or remove mold on your own. Improper cleaning and/or removal can make the problem worse.

•  Do not try to kill the mold by spraying a disinfectant on the moldy surface. Mold is hydrophobic and the blast of the spray will cause mold spores to become airborne.

•  Do not allow your skin to come in contact with the mold. Mold can cause skin irritation, sores and can be transferred to other more sensitive areas of your body, i.e. eyes, nose, etc.

•  Do not paint over the moldy surface to try and hide the mold. This will not solve the problem. Mold will grow back through the painted surface in most cases.

•  Do not allow children, the elderly, or people with allergies to live in/or go into rooms or areas suspected of having mold contamination.

•  Do not ignore any musty odors. This is a warning sign telling you that you have a water intrusion somewhere in your home or business. This could be the beginning of a problem that could cost thousands of dollars to remediate if not properly addressed.

 

 

SUBSCRIBE FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Subscribe to our newsletter email to get notification about fresh news, latest promos, giveaways and free stuff